Monday, December 6, 2010

Thoughts of Spring in Snow

With the recent launch of Nature Inspires, I not only sell on Etsy, and have a website http://www.natureinspires.net/, but I now have a blog too! Here in the virtual Nature Inspires studio I will share what I'm working on, recent inspirations, and new creations. You can also follow my adventures of finding unique beads, moss walks, mishaps, experiments in essential oil blending, late-night ingredient and supply searches, and overall obsession with creating.

In the midst of our first real snowstorm here in Vermont, it seems contrary that one of my recent favorite creations was inspired by a birdsnest - but here it is - the Robin's Nest Pendant. This one just sold at a recent craft show, so I'm eager to make another. Each one will be a little different though - which is of course part of the beauty in real nests as well as mine. I created this on a whim at one in the morning when I just couldn't pull myself out of the studio to go to bed. I was working on something else when I found my copper wire in a tray I was searching through. Instantly I felt like creating a companion to my Robin's Nest Earrings (http://www.etsy.com/listing/60563357/robins-nest-earrings)
Besides the wire I have used sculpey clay and paper birch bark in this necklace. Look for it soon at NatureInspires.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment