Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Foraging Fever

The snow in northern Vermont has turned to sloppy piles of brown and grey slush and there are still a lot of these piles around – but it is melting, sort of.

I’ve been wearing my mud boots the past few days, relishing in the squish of thawed earth beneath my feet. It’s a mess, but I am beyond excited because this means that soon there will be buds on the trees, new shoots poking through the leaf duff in the woods, fiddlehead ferns will begin unfurling, and wild flowers will begin to paint the world in my favorite colors. Simply said, I cannot wait! I’m eager to begin foraging for natural elements to use in my jewelry making this spring and summer.
In the fall I fell in love with the art of using dried and pressed foliage in my window necklace jewelry. I intend to forage for many more things to incorporate into jewelry windows this year including ferns and flowers and who knows what else! I’m not sure exactly why I am so in love with these little windows – but they are the perfect way to showcase a piece of nature around your neck. Check the Nature Inspires shop for more of these delights as spring gets its bloom on!

No comments:

Post a Comment